What are the operational advantages of plastic crates?
- Plastic crates are lighter (save on transport costs)
- Plastic crates come in a wide range of moulded designs available for your needs
- Plastic crates have longer life expectancy (more trips) for your capital outlay
- Plastic crates prevents microbial growth
- Plastic crates does not absorb water, strange liquids or humidity
- Plastic crates performance does not degrade by commonly use chemicals, solvents and cleaning agents
- Plastic crate have full perimeter base
- Plastic crates are easy to clean and easy to handle
- Plastic crates are strong and durable
- Plastic crate weigh less than wooden crate
- Plastic crates are cheaper to transport than wooden crates
- Plastic crates are impervious to acids, fat solvents and odours
- Plastic crates are resistant to moist, insects and fungi
- Plastic crates can withstand freeze and steam cleaning
- Plastic crates when empty can be stored outside, thus saving expensive indoor storage space
- Plastic crates are of in consistent size and weight
- Plastic crates are perfect for automated packaging and storage systems.
- Plastic crates save the need for costly wooden crates repairs
- Plastic crate can be recycled; damaged crate have a cash value
- Plastic crate have the optional imprinting of company name or logo on the crate with large orders
- Plastic crates are less likely to be stolen for other uses, such as firewood
What are the financial implications of switching to plastic crates?
The initial cost of a plastic crate is higher than the traditional wooden crate. Over a period of time the plastic crates become far more cost effective. The cost per usage time of a plastic crate is significantly lower. The life span of a plastic crate is much longer ( up to10 to 15 times more) and therefore the per usage time cost is much lower than the wooden crate.
In many countries around the world, strict quarantine procedures implicate cost associated with shipping of goods using wooden crates. Plastic crates significantly lower the cost and save money, time and effort associated with quarantine procedures.
According to the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service “Future Directions” section of the article Imported packaging materials: addressing the quarantine risks:
The quarantine risk posed by timber packaging is a global concern. Any longer term solution will involve regional or international action on wooden packaging and treatment. Options such as a total ban on timber packaging may need to be considered.
What makes the plastic crate more cost effective?
- Plastic crates are more durable, more trips can be made (about 10 to 15 times more)
- Plastic crates save on storage space
- Plastic crates lower weight saves on cost per trip
- Plastic crates save time on a factory assembly line with fewer stoppages
- Plastic crates can be recycled if broken
- Plastic crates cause fewer injuries in labour force
- Plastic crates cause less damage to products
What makes the plastic crate last longer than a wooden crate?
- Wood is affected by bacteria, fungus or insect contamination where plastic is not.
- Plastic crates are moulded with strong material – no weak spots in the craftsmanship.
- Freezing temperatures have no influence on Plastic crates where wood becomes brittle and collapses or breaks easily.
- When stored outside in sun, rain and frost wood crate rot in a short time.
- The wood in wooden crates can be used for fires or construction and makes them far more likely to be stolen than plastic crates.
Is the plastic crate resistant to chemicals?
Plastic crates are moulded from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE). This material has excellent chemical resistance and is virtually inert to all alkalis, acids, solvents and detergents.
Up to what temperature can the plastic crate structural foam containers withstand?
Structural foam crate can withstand temperatures of -22℃ to +65℃ (-40℉ to +140℉)
What is the difference between static and dynamic?
Static means the containers are not in motion (sitting on floor, in a supported rack, or stacked). Dynamic means the containers are loaded and in motion (being moved by a forklift or on a truck).
How can I find the most suitable plastic crates and/or containers for my storage and shipping needs?
Use the menu to navigate to the group of plastic crates or containers that is most suitable for you
Use the Quick Find page to select your plastic crate and/or containers by their various attributes, such as size and weight
Browse the product catalogue
How can I get detailed information on a plastic crates?
Once you have listed your plastic crates and/or containers, you can click each image or product name to get details on that product. The details are displayed in another window, so you still keep the product list in view at the same time. Every time you click a product, the details window will pop up in front and show you the product’s details.
How can I request a quotation?
Choose “Plastic Crate Range” from the menu or use the product search box in the footer. Add the desired products to your order, enter the quantity of each product that you want to buy, add your contact and usage details and send us a request for quotation.
How do I contact you with questions not related to any plastic crate?
Choose “Contact us” from the menu, enter your details and click “Send”. You will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation message by email.