What are the operational advantages of plastic pallets?
- They are lighter (save on transport costs)
- They come in a wide range of moulded designs available for your needs
- They have longer life expectancy (more trips) for your capital outlay
- They prevents microbial growth
- They does not absorb water, strange liquids or humidity
- They performance does not degrade by commonly use chemicals, solvents and cleaning agents
- They have full perimeter base
- They have rubber anti-slip profiles (Optional)
- They have stopper to prevent slipping of the load (Optional)
- They are easy to clean and easy to handle
- They are strong and durable (up to 5 times the life of wood)
- They weigh less than wood pallets
- They are cheaper to transport than any other Pallet
- They are impervious to acids, fat solvents and odours
- They are resistant to moist, insects and fungi
- They can withstand freeze and steam cleaning
- They when empty can be stored outside, thus saving expensive indoor storage space
- They are of in consistent size and weight
- They are perfect for automated packaging systems and palletizing equipment
- They save the need for costly pallet repairs
- They can be recycled; damaged pallets have a cash value
- They have the optional imprinting of company name or logo on the pallets with large orders
- They are less likely to be stolen for other uses, such as firewood
What are the financial implications of switching to plastic pallets?
The initial cost of a plastic pallet is much higher than the traditional wooden pallet. Over a period of time the plastic pallets become far more cost effective. The cost per trip of a plastic pallet is slightly higher, however the life span of a plastic pallet is much longer (10 to 15 times more) and therefore the per-trip cost is much lower than the wooden pallet.
In many countries around the world, strict quarantine procedures implicate cost associated with shipping of goods using wood pallets. New plastic pallets and used plastic pallets significantly lower the cost and save money, time and effort associated with quarantine procedures.
According to the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service “Future Directions” section of the article “Imported packaging materials: addressing the quarantine risks”:
The quarantine risk posed by timber packaging is a global concern. Any longer term solution will involve regional or international action on wooden packaging and treatment. Options such as a total ban on timber packaging may need to be considered.
What makes plastic pallets more cost effective?
- They are more durable, more trips can be made (about 10 to 15 times more)
- They save on storage space
- A plastic pallet’s lower weight saves on cost per trip
- They save time on a factory assembly line with fewer stoppages
- They can be recycled if broken
- They cause fewer injuries in labour force
- They cause less damage to products
What makes plastic pallets last longer than wooden pallets?
- Wood is affected by bacteria, fungus or insect contamination where plastic is not.
- Plastic pallets are moulded with strong material – no weak spots in the craftsmanship.
- Freezing temperatures have no influence on Plastic pallets where wood becomes brittle and collapses or breaks easily.
- When stored outside in sun, rain and frost wood pallets rot in a short time.
- The wood in wooden pallets can be used for fires or construction and makes them far more likely to be stolen than plastic pallets
Are plastic pallets resistant to chemicals?
Plastic pallets are moulded from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and other special plastic materials that have excellent chemical resistance and are virtually inert to all alkalis, acids, solvents and detergents.
What is the difference between Static Load and Dynamic Load?
Static means the pallets are not in motion (they are on floor or stacked). Dynamic means the pallets are loaded and in motion (being moved by a forklift or on a truck). Due to the additional pressures created by the movement, the static loads of a pallet is roughly 4 times greater than its dynamic load.
How can I find the most suitable plastic pallets for my storage and shipping needs?
Use the menu to navigate to the group of plastic pallets that is most suitable for you
Use the Quick Find page to select your plastic pallets by their various attributes, such as size and weight
Browse the product catalog
Contact us and tell us what you need and we’ll match you with the best products for you
How can I get detailed information on plastic pallets?
Once you have listed your plastic pallets, you can click each image or product name to get details on that product. The details are displayed in another window, so you still keep the product list in view at the same time. Every time you click a product, the details window will pop up in front and show you the product’s details.
How can I request a quotation for plastic pallets?
Next to each plastic pallet on the product list, there is a quantity field, where you can specify the desired quantity. If you leave this field blank, the respective plastic pallet will be ignored. Once you have entered each product quantity, complete the contact information form below and click “Request Quotation”. You will see a printable confirmation page and receive an email confirmation from us for your records
How do I order used plastic pallets?
Choose “New Plastic Pallet Range” from the menu or use the product search box in the footer. Add the desired products to your order, enter the quantity of each product that you want to buy, add your contact and usage details and send us a request for quotation.
How do I contact you with questions not related to any of the plastic pallets?
Choose “Contact us” from the menu, enter your details and click “Send”. You will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation message by email.
Browse our range of plastic pallets »